Selling your home is one of the biggest decisions you will make in your lifetime. It does not have to be a complicated process.
You need expert advice and someone you can rely on to achieve the best possible price for your home. For over 40 years English Auctioneers have been selling property in Cobh and by choosing us as your Agent you will benefit from our long established experience and local knowledge. Here are the steps to consider in selling your house :
1. Your Deeds:- You should contact your solicitor and check the whereabouts of your deeds.They could be with your bank in which case your solicitor will need you to sign an authorisation for their release to him/her. With the solicitor in possession of your deeds there will be no delay with issuing contracts once you have agreed a sale.
2. Choose your Agent. Valuation for sale purposes is usually free. Invite your agent to advise you on maximising the value of your home for the purpose of selling. Make sure the agent you choose is licensed by the PSRA. Check the Terms of Engagement given by your chosen agent including fees and advertising details.
3. Choose an Agent you feel you can trust to best sell your house – one with local knowledge and experience. Agree your preferred marketing strategy with the Agent.
4. TERMS OF ENGAGEMENT CONTRACT contains standard terms from the PSRA (Property Services Regulatory Authority) which governs all auctioneers/estate agents.
5. Certificate of Compliance. You must have certificates of compliance for any extensions or alterations to the property.
6. Land Registry Map. You will need to provide a land registry map to your solicitor.
7. BER Certificate and Advisory Report. You will need to have an energy rating certificate before any advertising of the property can be carried out. You will find a list of assessors covering your area (SEAI)
8. Anti-money Laundering documentation. To comply with the legislative requirement you need to show a valid driver’s licence or passport and any recent utility bill which contains your name and current address and dated within the past 6 months.